Thursday, June 22, 2017

As normal at this time of year i do a yearly report on what we have been doing and on the fishing in general on the Algarve.

Freshwater fishing report for 2016 - I have completed the stocking of one of our private waters near Portimao and it now has the best mixed fishing in Portugal! The Barbel are of special interest with fish over 10lbs.

My friend has just been over fishing this water for 2 weeks and averaged 8 barbel per day, plus lots of other fish. It is now my quiet season for clients so I will be out 4 days per week catching more big fish to move to our bigger private lake, with a special interest in moving big barbel that go to 20lbs! This big lake has depths to over 50ft, but has big beds of weeds and lots of reeds and the barbel will thrive in there and breed for sure.

The BBC tv have just been over making a program on this water which you can see around June, this will show you just how nice this water is and with temperatures of 22c on January 17th, made a good film.

Gary Spencer has been over for his 3rd trip this year, he is a very experienced all round angler so its nice to know that I must be doing something right with clients like him and the BBC paying me to guide them.

Black bass fishing has been great on out private waters and i now have a nice boat with electric motor that i use to take clients there.

If you fancy some Algarve Coarse Fishing take a alook at the packages here: Big Carp Fishing - Carp and Barbel Fishing

Sea fishing report for 2016

Sea fishing - The Marlin came very early this year again 1st seen of Tavira  in July they stayed around till nearly November which is very late.The fish moved out of range for 2 weeks around end of August due to cold sea but came back in large numbers with catches of up to 15 Marlin a day reported, mainly white but a few very big blues.Some very big tuna have been taken over 500lbs and only this week in january I have a report of a monster Tuna seen jumping close to the shore,lots of smaller Tuna taken. Dorado -some very nice fish taken we nearly took the Algarve record with bigger fish seen.

Sharks - a great white was taken in a net only a few miles from our fishing area and my mates out Marlin fishing reported a great white circled the boat 6 times having a very close look at them!!!We had monster Hammerheads look at our tuna lures and had vast numbers of smaller blue sharks.Bottom fishing has been good with lots of red and golden snappers ,some big fish lost which have bitten off 45lb line and one rod bust-we still plan a night trip out after Swordfish if any are interested.

If you are out here in the Algarve or might be coming out and fancy some of this action fishing for any or all of these species get in touch and see what is available and can be booked    Contact Us here

JOHN BATE

Contact Info

• Mr. John Bate.
  • Telephone:(00 351) 282 442292
  • Mobile Tel: 925363246
  • Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Booking Information

Copyright 2015 John Bate - Development David Batten

How to book your holiday:

Keen to get a booking or reservation made - don't delay visit our *Online Enquiry / Reservations Page*

If you wish to get more info on any of our trips then use our online booking einquiry page and tell us what type of fishing you want, how many will be coming, and when. We will then contact you to confirm your dates before you start booking flights and insurances etc. This gives us an opportunity to fine tune your trip and cater for your personal needs.

We look forward to hearing from you and organising a full holidy trip out to the Algarve or catering for you on a day out whilst out here on a family holiday.