Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Freshwater report for 2015:

Start of the year found me continuing catching carp and barbel which I have safely moved to 1 of our private syndicate waters. We now have over 300 carp and 100 barbel moved to their new home - these fish have settled in nicely and are appearing in recent catches!

Chris has set a new Portuguese carp record with a nice fish of 54lb 8oz, this fish had put on 6lb since another angler had it last season, unfortunately 1 of our other 50lb fish was found dead last week, she will be missed as we have all had her out a few times over the years and seeing a fish we know so well die is a bit gut wrenching.

My barbel fishing is doing really well and I can confidently promote barbel fishing holidays, our best day saw +50 fish for 4 anglers from a new venue .

The quality of the barbel fishing we now have access to is evident from this image of one taken recently.

If you fancy some Algarve Coarse Fishing take a alook at the packages here: Big Carp Fishing - Carp and Barbel Fishing

Sea fishing report for 2015

Our shark fishing started off incredibly well, in fact at mid season we were averaging 8 fishper trip, but things slowed down towards the end. Our bottom fishing has been really nice with red snappers to nearly 40lbs, big congers and lots of smaller fish on light tackle which is easy to use here as we have very little tide, a 2 oz lead is all we need.

The giant tuna turned up again, we had them jumping all around the boat one day big fish 400lb+. Best we know about landed was nearly 500lb taken on a marlin lure.

Marlin fishing looked like it was going to be good, but cold north winds drove them out and only a few were taken, lets hope this summer will see higher water temps and the return of white and blue Marlin and my favorite the Mako shark!

If you are out here in the Algarve or might be coming out and fancy some of this action fishing for any or all of these species get in touch and see what is available and can be booked    Contact Us here

JOHN BATE

Contact Info

• Mr. John Bate.
  • Telephone:(00 351) 282 442292
  • Mobile Tel: 925363246
  • Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Booking Information

Copyright 2015 John Bate - Development David Batten

How to book your holiday:

Keen to get a booking or reservation made - don't delay visit our *Online Enquiry / Reservations Page*

If you wish to get more info on any of our trips then use our online booking einquiry page and tell us what type of fishing you want, how many will be coming, and when. We will then contact you to confirm your dates before you start booking flights and insurances etc. This gives us an opportunity to fine tune your trip and cater for your personal needs.

We look forward to hearing from you and organising a full holidy trip out to the Algarve or catering for you on a day out whilst out here on a family holiday.