Thursday, June 22, 2017

This year my personal fishing has been severely restricted due to the purchase of a old house on the Algarve which I am restoring. But I have still been able to get out with my clients and get in a few trips with friends.

Freshwater Fishing

We have not broken the Portuguese carp record again this year, but have come very close, we did catch the big fish again, but she had a bad abscess and had lost 5lbs my friend Tom treated this and its nice to report that she has been recaptured and put most of the weight back on and another fish from this water is putting weight on fast and is possibly over the record now.

My barbel fishing has taken off big time so watch this space. Hideaway lakes have closed for good so again we have no day ticket waters on the Algarve. Our private syndicate waters are the jewels in the Algarve crown, the big lake has produced fish to 26lbs and the dragon carp have come out at 20lbs, these are fantastic fighters! We are into a big stocking program there and are adding some very special fish, not saying what or how big they are, but there are going to be some very happy anglers in the coming season.... One of our smaller dams on the estate will be the best mixed fishery in portugal, I will do a report on this in May.

Sea Fishing

We have had a nice years shark fishing with fish to 150lbs, with lots of small sharks around. Sso for a bit of fun this year I have used a carp rod as an extra rod to target these small fish sharks from 10 to 30lbs! On a good carp rod this was great fun and had up to 8 on one day. The Marlin did not turn up this year in any numbers although one enterprising skipper traveled 50 miles out to sea from the east Algarve and found them and had 16 fish on one day. The big tuna were seen again, so this next year I plan to run one rod set up for them whilst shark fishing so lets see what happens.

John Bate

Contact Info

• Mr. John Bate.
  • Telephone:(00 351) 282 442292
  • Mobile Tel: 925363246
  • Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Booking Information

Copyright 2015 John Bate - Development David Batten

How to book your holiday:

Keen to get a booking or reservation made - don't delay visit our *Online Enquiry / Reservations Page*

If you wish to get more info on any of our trips then use our online booking einquiry page and tell us what type of fishing you want, how many will be coming, and when. We will then contact you to confirm your dates before you start booking flights and insurances etc. This gives us an opportunity to fine tune your trip and cater for your personal needs.

We look forward to hearing from you and organising a full holidy trip out to the Algarve or catering for you on a day out whilst out here on a family holiday.